SCPA NSW is offering financial members the opportunity to share in five $800 fellowships to write and record a video in an area of interest or expertise.
The initiative provides an opportunity for members to share their diverse knowledge and experiences of school counselling/psychology with members of SCPA NSW by contributing professional learning resources to the member’s area of the SCPA NSW website.
Members can write individually or in a group of peers.
Members can submit videos on more than one topic by applying for multiple fellowships.
The video can be on any topic that aligns with the school counsellor/psychologist role. The topic should be relevant to school counsellors/psychologists across school systems in NSW.
Applications will be appraised by the SCPA NSW committee against the following criteria:
- Applicability of the topic to the school counsellor/psychologist role in NSW government, independent and Catholic schools.
- Evidence-based topic and application that references a range of appropriate texts.
- Relevant theories clearly outlined and linked to the webinar content.
- Includes resource materials to accompany the presentation and enable further investigation of the topic with clear instructions for appropriate use and acknowledgement of intellectual property.
- Linked to the Psychology Board of Australia’s 8 Core Competencies, Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and/or the NSW DoE Professional Practice Framework.
Finalised MP4 videos will demonstrate:
- Clear and error-free audio and visual quality with 5 seconds of silence at the beginning of the video.
- Clear, engaging and professional communication by the presenter(s).
- Use of video or other visuals to support spoken content.
Submitted videos will be hosted in the member’s section of the SCPA NSW website. Material provided to SCPA NSW to fulfil the fellowship must not be property of the applicant’s employer or subsequently given to the applicant’s employer without the permission of SCPA NSW.
Applications open – 21st September 2022
Applications close – 21st October 2022
Outcome notifications – 18th November 2022
Videos due to SCPA NSW – 17th February 2023
For more information, please contact:
SCPA NSW Committee Member
- - -
Submissions for the 2021 fellowships are avilable in the Members Area, so check them out!